- Company name
- Musha Research Co., Ltd.
- Ryoji Musha
- 3912 Shinagawa V-tower
2-16-7 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo
108-0075, Japan [MAP]
- Date of establishment
- 1st Jul, 2009
- Provision of research reports and other information for economic and financial market analysis and determination of medium and long-term outlooks
Biography of Ryoji Musha
- Jul 2009
Established Musha Research Co., Ltd.
Advisor, Deutsche Securities Inc.
Advisor, Deutsche Asset Management (Japan) Ltd.
- May 2005
- Vice Chairman and Chief Investment Advisor of Deutsche Securities
- Jan 1997
- Joined the Research Department of Deutsche Securities as general manager and chief strategist
- May 1993
- Chief Analyst and General Manager of the Equity Research Department of Daiwa Institute of Research (DIR) Japan
- Jan 1988
- Chief Analyst and Research Director of DIR America for the US macro economy, micro economy, and financial markets
- Mar 1973
Joined the Research Department of Daiwa Securities Co. as a sector analyst for the textiles, construction, real estate, automobile, and electronics sectors
(In 1989, the research department of Daiwa Securities was renamed as Daiwa Institute of Research after reorganized as an independent entity in 1982)
- Mar 1973
- Graduated from Yokohama National University with a major in economics
- Mar 1968
- Graduated from Nagano High School
- Sep 1949
- Born in Nagano Prefecture
- Ranked #1 in Japan equity strategy in the 2002 and 2003 Institutional Investor poll
- Served as the head of the Overseas Section of the Cabinet's Economic Analysis Deliberation Team, a member of the Cabinet's International Economic Research Committee, a member of the Ministry of Finance's International Fund Flow Research Committee, and a member of the consulting committee of the Institute of Energy Economics
- Served as a part-time lecturer at the Economics Department of Shinshu University in 2002 (Course title: "Japanese economic theory and forecasting share prices in the practical economy")
- Currently serving as a Visiting Professor at Saitama University Graduate School
Major books written by Ryoji Musha
- How high will Japanese stocks go?(September 2023), takarajimasha
- Nikkei will reach 40,000 soon! (April 2022), takarajimasha
- Cheap Nippon will bring Japan back in a big way (March 2022), WAC BUNKO 360
- Post Covid 19 Global Economic Recovery will be V-shaped(June 2020), Business Sha
- The biggest "economic boom" in history is coming Five reasons to be optimistic about the future of Japan（June 2018) ,Kadokawa Shoten
- U.S. To Be The Economic Winner And China To Be The Sole Loser（Aug 2017), Kodansha
- The Age of Quantitative Easing (June 2013), Nippon Jitsugyo Publishing
- A once-in-a-century stock market rally has started in Japan (April 2013), Chukei Publishing
- End of The Lost Two Decades - Japan Economic Analysis based on Geopolitics (May 2011), Toyo Keizai
- The Big Comeback of Japanese Stocks (July 2009), PHP Research
- A Study of New Imperialism (April 2007), Toyo Keizai
- The Revitalization of American Capitalism (November 1993), Toyo Keizai
Overview of Services
Top-down macroeconomic strategies
- Medium and long-term market forecasts based on global macroeconomic analysis and provision of asset allocation strategies (primarily for Japanese equities)
- Provision of database for establishment of global macroeconomic strategies
- Scenarios for the global economy and financial markets
- Investment ideas and key points based on qualitative analysis
- The Musha approach: Outstanding logic and complete independence
All Musha Research reports and other information reflect the principles of adhering to consistent logic, reaching conclusions based on our own beliefs, and using a viewpoint that incorporates history and a global perspective.
- Establish a hypothesis
⇒We retain a tight focus on establishing the most persuasive hypothesis based on global, long-term economic data and a historical perspective.
- Reach conclusions that include no speculation
⇒We use hypotheses to eliminate preconceptions and any conflicts of interest in order to create the most logical outlooks and strategies (solutions). Forecasts and investment strategies are revised only when a hypothesis has been revised. Adopting this approach ensures that all conclusions are firmly rooted in facts and logic (hypotheses), thus maintaining consistency and coherency.
- Use a checking process to rebuild hypotheses
⇒We use the accuracy of past forecasts to verify the persuasiveness and suitability of a hypothesis for the purpose of ensuring that we are always using the most persuasive hypotheses. We firmly believe that using past experiences, whether a success or failure, is vital to establishing the most persuasive hypotheses.